MY “AHA” MOMENT
We have been selling gardening tools for 10 years. One of the favorite tools (especially with women) is a unique tool. The manufacturer who sold us the tool told us he was unable to supply it because he no longer had possession of the mold. When we continued to receive requests from gardeners and landscape professionals for that tool, we decided we needed to find a way to create and manufacture this tool to meet the demand of our customers and to introduce it to other customers who would find it extremely useful.
THE BIG IDEA
This light-weight but sturdy tool, while ideally suited for women, can be used by anyone. The tool can be used year-round by homeowners, gardeners, and landscape professionals.
THE SKY’S THE LIMIT
We have done a lot of preliminary investigation for the tool; however, as soon as possible. we need to
1. Determine whether we would be infringing on any patents or copyrights
2. Have an analysis of the material used in the tool
3. Select a USA company to manufacture the mold and to produce the tool
4. Develop effective methods to market the tool through direct sales, internet sales, and/or independent gardens centers
5. Set up a business entity for the sale of the tool.